8 Ways to Respectfully Display Your American Flag
The American flag is possibly the most timeless decoration to adorn every U.S. home or business, but, you may not have thought about using it in new, creative ways to spruce up your space in a patriotic manner.
Flag-Lined Pathway or Sidewalk
Final ThoughtsAlthough you can get pretty creative with displaying your American flag, display it respectfully by following the etiquette of displaying an American flag. Here are some tips to keep in mind when finding new ways to display your American flag:
- Only place all-weather-type flags outside during harsh conditions, such as rain, sleet, or snow.
- Illuminate the flag if it will be displayed at night.
- The union (or stars) should always face the observers' left, whether hung vertically or horizontally.
- On a staff projecting from a building, the union should be placed at the end projecting out.
- If the flag must be flown at half-staff, it should be hoisted to the top both before and after placing it at half-staff.